Leuven (BELGIUM), March 20, 2008. Materialise NV launches Magics 12.1, the new version of its software for the Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing (RP&M) industry. Several new features in Magics 12.1 further increase Magics’ added value for RP&M professionals. Efficiency, quality and user-friendliness are the key words of this release.
Below you can find an overview of the main highlights of Magics 12.1. All of these new features streamline the RP&M process and aim to increase the productivity of RP&M professionals.
- With Magics 12.1 you can perforate a hole through a wall instead of through the entire part. This way you can easily make drain holes for hollow parts or trapped volumes;
- In addition to the existing advanced teeth cut, you can now also perform a more user-friendly teeth cut. This teeth cut assures a perfect fit of parts that had to be cut because they were too big to fit on the platform;
- A thumbnail preview of .magics files in Windows Explorer will help you to easily recognize files;
- Magics 12.1 allows you to automatically scale down parts that are too large to fit in the Magics workspace;
- You can edit textured parts with increased flexibility;
- Magics 12.1 interfaces with e-Stage, the new and fully automated technology for support generation. e-Stage automates the work preparation process when supporting SLA parts by eliminating manual editing. The software also optimizes the build process and significantly cuts finishing time by generating its unique support structure. With e-Stage, Materialise takes a major leap forward in realizing its ambition to automate the entire RP&M process.